This time Mark shares his top 5 Luminar filters he likes to use personally and that you can use on your own projects as well. In the video above Mark quickly goes over each of the 5 filters and explains what each of them do. In addition to explaining, he also demonstrates the effect that each filter has on a single photo so that you can quickly finish the video knowing exactly how each filter affects a photograph.
The 5 filters Mark goes over in the video are the following:
- AI Enhance – This filter uses artificial intelligence to allow you to improve your photos exposure levels without having to play around with too many sliders. With this filter you only use two sliders to do great exposure corrections.
- AI Structure – AI Structure also utilizes the power of artificial intelligence to make your corrections a lot faster. This filter allows you to add clarity and micro-contrast to your photo where it needs it the most. And like the first filter you only use two sliders to achieve the effects you want with this one.
- Adjustable Gradient – This handy filter allows you to separately adjust two separate sections of your photo. You can change exposure, contrast, shadows, vibrancy and white balance for each of the sections. (top and bottom) This is handy in many different situations and is commonly used in landscape photography.
- Advanced Contrast – Another filter that Mark uses on most of his photographs is Advanced Contrast. This useful filter allows you to adjust contrast using shadows, midtones, and highlights sliders. The sliders also allow you to target tonal regions which makes editing contrast more precise.
- Landscape Enhancer – The Landscape Enhancer is a set of sliders that are used to specifically edit landscape photographs although they can be used for other kinds of scenes as well. The main 3 sliders it has are Dehaze, Golden Hour and Foliage Enhancer. Dehaze is self explanatory, it allows you to control things like excess fog in a scene. Golden hour lets you control the warm colors, softness, and golden glow in a photo. Foliage enhancer enhances the colors of foliage and greenery automatically.
Now that you know what each of these filters are and how to use them go out there and take full advantage! Luminar is full of useful filters like these, we’d love to know which are your favorite so please share with all of us which filters are your personal favorite in the comments section below!
Are you interested in buying Luminar? You can get a $10 discount if you click this link and use the discount code RAWSTER.
FREE PHOTO CHALLENGE
Participate in our free photo challenge and improve your photography skills. In this Photo Challenge we will give you 5 photography assignments. By fulfilling the assigments you will improve your photography skills considerably. Maybe you will take photos of subjects you never captured before!